STP Inc. COVID19 Response
At STP Inc., the safety of our patients and their families is our number one priority. That is why we quickly shifted to an all-teletherapy model in March 2020, as soon as COVID-19 precautions were announced. In March 2021, STP partially reopened at 10% capacity and invited some families back for face-to-face intervention. In November of 2021, we opened to a hybrid model of primarily in-person therapy and the option to do teletherapy when we are less than 100% healthy. For many of our patients, tele-intervention remains the best and safest option. Therefore, we continue to offer teletherapy to safely and effectively serve families of children and adults with speech-language-communication needs. Click here to learn more about the effectiveness of tele-intervention.
Guiding Principles for Resuming Face2Face (F2F) Intervention: For Patients and Caregivers
PRIOR to arriving for therapy Session
- Self-screen: temperature and respiratory screenings
- For any temperatures above 100.00 F, stay home, notify therapist asap to cancel appointment.
- If coughing or shortness of breath is present, stay home, notify therapist asap to cancel appointment.
- Inform the therapist AND cancel all appointments if the patient or caregivers have been sick or with a fever (above 100.00 F) within the last 14 days.
- Inform the therapist AND cancel all appointments if the patient or caregivers have been exposed to someone who has tested positive to COVID19 within the last 14 days.
PRIOR to entrance to the office
- Hand Hygiene: every person upon entrance shall wash or sanitize their hands.
- A sanitation station with hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance of the lobby.
- Face coverings is now optional but highly recommended
DURING the therapy session
- Caregivers are now able to wait in the waiting room.
- Video monitors: Caregivers will be provided with a HIPPA compliant video monitor to observe the sessions in real time.
- Therapy room in use will be open as well as the waiting room lobby door. This is to promote air circulation and for the portable air filter/cleaner to fully circulate clean air.
- Windows may be open to allow for increase circulation in the therapy room.
At the COMPLETION of the therapy session
- Patient must wash/sanitize their hands and leave immediately.
- Wrap up: Parent debriefing may occur in the lobby/waiting room or in the therapy room while keeping social distancing of 6 ft.
STP staff have been trained on proper cleaning and safety procedures. STP will employ a strict protocol. Below are a few steps we will take ensure the health and safety for everyone:
- Disinfecting toys and other therapy materials will occur immediately after the patient leaves.
- Wipe down all surface areas and other objects. These include but not limited to: pens, door knobs, call alert buttons, clip board and file cabinets.