STP Inc. COVID19 Response
At STP Inc., the safety of our patients and their families is our number one priority. That is why we quickly shifted to an all-teletherapy model in March 2020, as soon as COVID-19 precautions were announced. In October 2020, STP partially reopened at 10% capacity and invited some families back for face-to-face intervention. However, for many of our patients, tele-intervention remains the best and safest option. Therefore, we continue to employ teletherapy to safely and effectively serve families of children and adults with speech-language-communication needs. Click here to learn more about the effectiveness of tele-intervention.
Guiding Principles for Resuming Face2Face (F2F) Intervention: For Patients and Caregivers
PRIOR to arriving for therapy Session
- Self-screen: temperature and respiratory screenings
- For any temperatures above 100.00 F, stay home, notify therapist asap to cancel appointment.
- If coughing or shortness of breath is present, stay home, notify therapist asap to cancel appointment.
- Inform the therapist AND cancel all appointments if the patient or caregivers have been sick or with a fever (above 100.00 F) within the last 14 days.
- Inform the therapist AND cancel all appointments if the patient or caregivers have been exposed to someone who has tested positive to COVID19 within the last 14 days.
- Screening Questionnaire: all persons entering the building will complete an online screening questionnaire. A questionnaire MUST be completed for EACH appointment. There are 2 ways to access the health screener.
- Click here to complete the Health Questionnaire for In-person Therapy.
PRIOR to entrance to the office
- Caregivers will call or send a text to the therapist letting them know of their arrival.
- Temperature screenings: all persons entering the clinic office will be screened with a touchless thermometer.
- For any temperatures above 100.00 F, entrance will be DECLINED and converted to telehealth sessions, if possible.
- Hand Hygiene: every person upon entrance shall wash or sanitize their hands.
- A sanitation station with hand sanitizer a will be available at the entrance of the lobby.
- Face coverings:
- Every patient should be encouraged to wear a face covering, though it is understandable that young children and those with sensory dysfunction may not wear them.
- Every support person MUST wear a face covering inside the facility or entrance will be DECLINED.
- Patient- caregiver to patient-therapist exchange will occur in the building lobby or waiting room.
- Patients are not allowed to bring personal items to therapy sessions.
DURING the therapy session
- Caregivers WILL NOT be able to wait in the waiting room.
- The waiting room will be closed. Caregivers are expected to wait in their car and be readily available for emergencies.
- Video monitors:
- Caregivers will be provided with a HIPPA compliant video monitor to observe the sessions in real time.
- Parents can choose to view the session in real time from their own personal device by logging Google Meet using a unique log in.
- As sessions are by appointment only, the office doors will be locked at all times. This is to ensure safety.
- Therapy room in use will be open as well as the waiting room lobby door. This is to promote air circulation and for the portable air filter/cleaner to fully circulate clean air.
- Windows may be open to allow for increase circulation in the therapy room.
At the COMPLETION of the therapy session
- Patient must wash/sanitize their hands and leave immediately.
- Caregivers must be ON TIME for pick up so as to avoid exposure to other clients, allow clinician time for sanitation and documentation.
- Patient-therapist to patient-caregiver exchange will occur in the office lobby/waiting room.
- Signature for attendance will be obtained.
- Wrap up:
- Parent debriefing will occur in the building lobby/waiting room while keeping social distancing of 6 ft.
- If phone debriefing is possible, it should be exercised.
STP staff have been trained on proper cleaning and safety procedures. STP will employ a strict protocol. Below are a few steps we will take ensure the health and safety for everyone:
- Alternate/ staggered scheduled will be instituted to maximize physical distancing and allow time to execute sanitation procedure.
- If toys are required for the session, every effort will be made to use items that can be easily washed or sanitize.
- Disinfecting toys and other therapy materials will occur immediately after the patient leaves.
- Wipe down all surface areas and other objects. These include but not limited to: pens, door knobs, call alert buttons, clip board and file cabinets.
- Mark the room as “This room has been sanitized” using a sign on the door when a room has been fully sanitized.
- Alternate rooms as needed to allow the room to be purified.